Season: 2 Episode: 017
Summary: In this episode, Shanda interviews Lisa Taylor about how to resolve inevitable conflict in relationships. Is talking about disagreements necessary? And what if the other person doesn’t want to resolve the conflict or ignores the real issue? We’ll get to the bottom of these questions and provide tips for how to salvage your relationships.
I am very excited to introduce you to Lisa Taylor. Lisa, welcome to the show.
Why don’t we get started by having you tell us a little about yourself.
I was actually thinking about this the other day: conflict in relationships is inevitable, right? But I think how we resolve conflict either makes or breaks our relationships. So as we get started today …
1) can you describe what conflict is and what are some things that bring conflict to relationships?
2) A lot of people (such as myself) shy away from conflict. We tend to be afraid of it because it can be uncomfortable, or we’re afraid if we address issues we’ll make things worse. However, God’s word tells us how to handle conflict. What are some right and wrong ways to do this?
3) I’ve always thought difficulties in our relationships draws out how strong or weak they are. Do you feel like this is true and how does conflict relate to making or breaking our relationships?
4) What is needed from both parties in order to really move past conflict and make a relationship stronger?
5) What happens when we don’t address conflict? And not only that, what happens if we try to address conflict but we don’t actually get down to the root of the issue?
“One of the reasons we don’t resolve conflict is due to pride.”
“We try really hard to avoid suffering.”
“Sometimes what we want brings conflict in our lives.”
“Conflict makes or breaks the relationship.”
Instagram and Facebook: @shandafulbright
Join my Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2584147064952378/?ref=group_browse
Free Resources: https://shandafulbright.com/lihks
Easter Advent: teachofhim.com or Instagram @teachofhim
Feel free to email with questions or episode topics. If you recommend a topic for an episode and I use it, I will dedicate it to you.
There is not script for this week’s podcast since we had a guest on the show.