Season: 4 Episode: 045
Why is child sex trafficking running rampart in the world? How can we protect our children from traffickers and pedophiles? Shannon shares shocking statistics and warnings every parent should know. She is the founder of Forever Found, a faith based organization that educates and advocates for children caught in sex trafficking. Want to know how to get involved? Shannon shares a wealth of information on how to do this!
“Grieve the evil in the world, but instead of looking away from it, roll up your sleeves and do something about it.”
Instagram and Facebook: @shandafulbright
Join my Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2584147064952378/?ref=group_browse
Free Resources: https://shandafulbright.com/lihks
YouTube: Shanda Fulbright
Hey guys! Welcome back to another episode of Her Faith Inspires. Today, we have Shannon Sergey from Forever Found on the show.
Shannon Sergey serves as the President of Forever Found, a nonprofit organization she and her husband started in 2010. Since then, Shannon has been featured in newspapers, online journals, radio stations and talk shows. She raises awareness and support for child trafficking and prostitution.
Shannon is also a singer, songwriter and author who has devoted her talents to further the rescue and restoration of children trapped in sexual slavery. A devoted follower of Jesus Christ, Shannon lives each day with the desire to follow him and love his people as he has commanded.
Her goal in life is to hear “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!” Matthew (25:23)
Shannon studied Theology at Oxford University in England. She received her bachelors degree in journalism with a minor in Philosophy from Azusa Pacific University. She lives with her husband and four children in Simi Valley, CA.
About Forever Found
- Implementing grassroots awareness programs within our communities.
- Training individuals to not only be on the lookout for warning signs and how to report them effectively, but also to be aware of vulnerable and at-risk children.
- Addressing local demand for the purchase of sex by targeted education on the reality of child trafficking.
- Stopping the cycle of trafficking in targeted geographic regions abroad via prevention programs. We also encourage rescued children to become advocates as they grow into the next generation of leaders.
Forever Found Rescues and Restores children from slavery by:
- Support the needs of local counties in the rescue process of domestic minor victims. We come alongside survivors and support them in their restoration
- Partner with rescue homes around the world that strategically rescue children and support their restoration.
- Focus on the care of the rescued children in Forever Found India & rescue more as needed.
Can you explain the danger in the recent bill that passed in California, SB145?
What does sex trafficking look like in America and how are predators preying on our kids?
What do parents need to be aware of and how do we teach our children so they do not become victims of sex trafficking?
Can you address why certain social media sites are allowing pedophiles to express their attraction to children? And lower the age of consent to 4 years? Are these real conversations taking place amongst people in our country and what can we do about this?
In what ways can the average person get involved?
Is social media the main tool used by pedophiles? What do parents and children need to know about this?